We thought we would have a little look into the depths of the Internet to see what has been said about us. A little semi-narcissistic glance into the digital looking glass.
We spend a lot of time thinking about how to tell more of the world about our men’s lingerie, and occasionally feel a bit held back by the strict restrictions on underwear ads, but instead of wallowing, we had a think back to everything we have done in the past couple of years and quick peek at Google helped us to see that we are being talked about, left, right and centre!
Here’s a round-up of some of our favourite bits of Press Attention, where we boldly head out to tell the world that men can also wear what they want -
you can click on any of the links to see the article, podcast or video clip.
- Victor's secret: male lingerie is coming to a bloke near you | Men's fashion | The Guardian Our first BIG bit of press attention from our favourite Fashion writer, Priya Elan. We were absolutely thrilled with this piece which went into The Observer, and was a great way to launch.
- We then had a fabulous feature in Attitude Magazine who have continued to be amazingly supportive, Moot men's lingerie: How a metalworker went on to launch a luxury underwear brand
- We had a call from California one day, and a request to come and film an official 60 Second Documentary about us! 6 Hours filming and 60 seconds of us... The Lingerie Revolution For Men
- Continuing Stateside, we have appeared as guests on the podcast, AppleSauced Frilly Knickers and Metal Work - AppleSauced Podcast
- And we were picked up and mentioned by ‘Dave and Chuck the Freak’ on the popular Boston morning Radio show, Rocks 929 We also had a brilliant write up from Hannah McKnight who has a hugely successful blog offering style advice and resources for her scene of transgender and cross-dressing fashion fans.
- Jules was interviewed by Sophia Smith for an episode of the expert lingerie podcast, Lingerie Lowdown and also by Warren Parker-Mills, for another fashion industry podcast Ep. 24 Moot Lingerie - BEHIND THE BRANDS | Acast
- We have been featured in magazines and blogs by Injection Magazine and The Queer Guru Blog , Mens Underwear fans and the Lingerie Industry’s own magazine, Underlines ran with , Moot, the underwear revolution - Underlines Magazine
- Even included by a specialist Boudoir photographer in her blog on gender-inclusive brands to wear for your photoshoot.
- How wonderful to be the focus of Priya Elan’s attention once again, he did a piece for The Guardian about how difficult it has been to be treated equally when it comes to placing lingerie adverts on social media, It's just pants: ads for skimpy men's underwear too racy for media giants | Advertising | The Guardian
- BBC Radio 4s consumer affairs programme, You and Yours, then called us to see if we wanted to talk about the way we have been repeatedly banned and blocked from social media adverts, BBC Radio 4 - You and Yours, Men's Underwear
- As well as being heard on Radio 4, Jules has talked on the incredibly popular Irish radio show, Newstalk, where Sean Moncrieff asked him all about Moot. This interview was so good and created such a buzz in Ireland, that he was then invited onto National Breakfast Television to chat to the hosts of Ireland AM on their Valentine’s Day special
- British TV managed to see not only Jules, but also a rare glimpse of his wife Clare too! They went to Liverpool together and were guests on Channel 4s Daytime Magazine style talk show, Steff’s Packed Lunch
- We probably raised a few eyebrows, that are more used to plumbing pipework or plastic homeware moulding, when we went into the manufacturing news from the professional organisation, Made in Britain but we have had an incredible welcome from them and all the companies proudly under their umbrella.
- A bit of fun is never far away at Moot HQ and it was great to chat to Ladbible Ladbible, the media giants, who ran a piece about us.
- And last, but not least, Moot’s Anna had a visit from TV and Broadcasting Super Star, Stacey Dooley, who came to make an episode of her ‘Fresh Starts’ podcast for BBC Sounds all about Anna’s career switch from 23 years as a teacher, to launching Moot with Jules. Listen to that here: Stacey Dooley - Anna: Saying 'knickers' to convention
Not a bad round-up for a small, handmade lingerie company. We are feeling pretty proud and would love to hear which of these press pieces you have enjoyed the most. Let us know!
Good work Moot! I’ve had a listen to some of these articles. I’ve listened to the Lingerie Lowdown and appreciated what you mentioned, Jules during the interview with Sophia. I recall her saying that Moot was the first interview of which a man was being interviewed and she was really interested in what you were saying.
I also listened to the podcast of which Anna was interviewed with Stacey Dooley and she went to visit her and got to know what she did. I also loved the part where she went to visit with Moot HQ and had a look at some of the pieces.
Keep doing what you’re doing and continue to challenge censorship with certain agencies that are trying to silence you.
Leave a comment